Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed

Options
  • 30-08-2012 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Ok so I happen to be in the position where I get to design the structure of a satellite, It will be rectangular shaped and I'm already trying to think of reasons why it should be blue.
    But I came to the realisation that I can name my satellite anything I want! Now I go to DIT so kinda need to work that in somewhere...was kinda thinking TARDITS.
    Now at the minute what I have it standing for is Thermosphere Atmospheric Research, Dublin Institute of Technology's Satellite.

Any thoughts?
    Any better suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Not really practical, but reading this I got Totally Awesome Ridiculous Design Idea Transforms Satellite :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

What about swapping it so it's DITARDIS

Dublin Institute of Technology: Atmospheric Research, Discovery, and Investigation Satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

I kinda forgot that Queens is joint partner in the project...so I'm dropping the colleges names and just going with TARDIS
    Thermosphere Atmosphereic Research Device In Space

Although Tardis is a trademark of the BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I seriously doubt they'll mind, though you might need to get their approval, so they;re not forced to take action.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Raphael wrote: »
    I seriously doubt they'll mind, though you might need to get their approval, so they;re not forced to take action.

I'd send the Moff a tweet: if you treat it humourously, they might too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Just to clarify, is this a theoretical design, or is there going to be an actual object launched into space?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 john.bender

If it was an actual object going up into space the BBC would be nuts not to give you the right to name it TARDIS. How much closer to the initial idea can they ever get?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Oh well it will be launched its part of the QB50 project, whether or not they use my name is a whole different matter...I used it anyway, its all over my thesis now which has been handed in. I really hope they keep it...and make it blue!!

Advertisement