Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steady hostels in Brisbane

Options
  • 30-08-2012 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,
    I'm heading to Brisbane at the weekend. My friend and I have overspent a bit and are hoping to get some work there for a while until we have enough to go up the east coast.
    We were living in a Melbourne backpackers for quite a while in a 5 bed dorm while we were saving up to get this far. We lived there for ages and loved it! It was quite a steady hostel, most people were working, and there weren't really any people who would just come and stay for one or two nights or were just passing through. So I'm wondering where would be a good place to get the same kind of thing in Brisbane?
    Any info/advice/experience would be a great help.
    Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WillC

Stayed in Bluetongue backpackers on Brunswick st on and off for the last few months, quite cheap and a relaxed atmosphere but the place is a bit run down, met some awesome people here though and usually long termers.

A few of the smaller places on Roma st are meant to be a similar vibe. Bunk, the YHA and Chill are a lot more big and anonymous, hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

I only have experience of Bunk hostel in Brisbane. Which sounds like exactly what you dont want. So my only advice is to avoid there!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sneebly

LaHaine wrote: »
    I only have experience of Bunk hostel in Brisbane. Which sounds like exactly what you dont want. So my only advice is to avoid there!

Sorry to hi jack the thread but i just have a quick question. What was your experience of Bunk? Myself and 2 mates are staying there for a week initially when we arrive, 2 weeks tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Sneebly wrote: »
    Sorry to hi jack the thread but i just have a quick question. What was your experience of Bunk? Myself and 2 mates are staying there for a week initially when we arrive, 2 weeks tomorrow.

Ah its grand. Depends what you want really. Its got a nightclub right beside it so can be noisy. But if youre out drinking that wont bother you. Free meals most days, which is handy. Small but nice enough.

Over all I thought it was ok. Bit impersonal due to size but no major complaints!

Advertisement