Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT basic Qs

Options
  • 30-08-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hey guys just a few quick questions on gamsat and the GEM route. Would be much obliged if you could help.

What is the timescale, would it be finish final year and then take a year out to do GAMSAT and the begin GEM in september 2014 or is there a quicker way of doing it?

Does the GAMSAT test work for GEM in other countries? Mainly UK I'm interested in.

I'm entering my final (4th) year of Law in a NUI and will have a high 2:1. What do colleges look at for granting admission. Particular highly regarded colleges eg Oxford or Kings London.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭eire_245

J77 wrote: »
    Hey guys just a few quick questions on gamsat and the GEM route. Would be much obliged if you could help.

What is the timescale, would it be finish final year and then take a year out to do GAMSAT and the begin GEM in september 2014 or is there a quicker way of doing it?

Does the GAMSAT test work for GEM in other countries? Mainly UK I'm interested in.

I'm entering my final (4th) year of Law in a NUI and will have a high 2:1. What do colleges look at for granting admission. Particular highly regarded colleges eg Oxford or Kings London.

im not 100% but im pretty sure oxford, kings etc require you to have a science undergrad and dont use the gamsat for entry.

think theres about 5 colleges that use gamsat in the uk, i quick google should fill you in

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭J77

eire_245 wrote: »
    im not 100% but im pretty sure oxford, kings etc require you to have a science undergrad and dont use the gamsat for entry.

think theres about 5 colleges that use gamsat in the uk, i quick google should fill you in

Yes I picked it up incorrectly first time I googled it. You've got to do UKCAT and possibly a BMAT as well I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Newmediamedicine has alot of infor RE UK schools :)

http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3500209

Advertisement