Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i think jesus is a santa for adults

Options
  • 30-08-2012 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

i don't believe in a god or any gods.....i think we are here on earth by pure chance....i think that life as we know it has been going on for millions of years.... i think we are at a cycle that we think there is reason and purpose for us, but there aint......just because we can think outside the box doesn't mean there is a box to begin with.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I've thought of Santa being a kid's version of God for a long time now. Santa seems to be an easy way to get kids to believe in the idea of a higher power and see it as rewarding to believe in him.
    The concept of what is commonly depicted as an old man with a long white beard who sees you when you're sleeping and knows when you're awake, rewards you if you're good and punishes you (with coal, no less) if you're bad is taught to kids to make them behave around Christmas time. Once the kids get too old to believe in Santa, this belief is transferred to another old man with a long white beard who sees you when you're sleeping and knows when you're awake, rewards you if you're good and punishes you (with coal, no less) if you're bad.
    For some reason, many never seem to grow out of the idea of Santa 2.0, and continue to be controlled by the fear of discovering burning coal in their stockings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

If I had to believe in one it would be santa. The idea of traveling the world in a single night is more believable than the whole creation of the universe thing that a god seemingly did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

oh jesus...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lorrieq

No amount of discussion will solve anything. Just live.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,930 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

lorrieq wrote: »
    thanks, i'd been wondering about what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Spoken like a prophet.
    The Life of Brian.
    Boring Prophet: There shall in that time be rumors of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base, that has an attachment. At that time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This is kind of ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lorrieq

I just think your wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

So people exchanging points of view is always a waste of time? Like, a back and forth over dinner, or in the pub, or an online forum? Can you give some reasons for why you feel that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The irony detector... She can't take no more!

*assplodes*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

What about my wasting and my time? Quickly, I need to know! Not my wasting :eek:

(Hi Blue :pac:)

Advertisement