Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to the Pub

Options
  • 29-08-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Just back from spending a few days in Italy we stayed in Sorento it was lovely. It was a kind of reward for giving up the drink, 3 months now and feeling great, what i loved most about it was the Cafe`s you could sit out and have a Coffey in the evening and they stayed open very late you could get food at 10 at night and they don't be in any hurry to finish up .
    we have nothing like this in Ireland the Cafe`s close at 6 and the only choice you have if you want something to eat is a restaurant and they want you out as soon as your finished , OK i am thinking if you had a place the exact same as a trendy pub ,that does a bit of food , you could still have the music maybe a pool table , But with out the alcohol , would it be a hit in a city, would people support it , or would Irish people think its some kind of April fools joke a pub with out beer Like to know what ye think Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭disneyonfire

There's a place kinda like this in town already.

http://accentslounge.wordpress.com/

Ive never been there but walked past it the other night late and was surprised it was still open. Looks nice enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I was in Rome a while ago and found it similar to the way you described it,the restaurants opened late and we had no problem staying after we eat and simply chatting the night away.

I think restaurants here in Ireland - from my experience anyway,are for eating and pubs/bars are for socializing,thats the way is it here.

I would love it it changed but i dont think it will anytime soon.

Advertisement