Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leftover wedding wine

Options
  • 29-08-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi looking for some suggestions on what to do with some leftover bubbly and wine from our wedding. (It is too bulky just to store it and use it over time)

We over estimated the wine needed for our wedding recently and have roughly 6 cases of bubbly and 6 cases of wine leftover.

thnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Could you store it at a family member or friends house?

Just an idea, but with Christmas coming (I know, I know, it's a while away yet, no harm in thinking ahead though), if you wanted, you could maybe give a bottle (or two) to best friends/close family members etc.

Or if you were having any parties etc maybe open a bottle or two then?

Do you know anyone who is getting married etc that might be some (or all) of it from you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Is there any option to return the unopened bottles to where you purchased them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

doc1982 wrote: »
    Hi looking for some suggestions on what to do with some leftover bubbly and wine from our wedding. (It is too bulky just to store it and use it over time)

We over estimated the wine needed for our wedding recently and have roughly 6 cases of bubbly and 6 cases of wine leftover.

thnx

O'Brien's allowed us to return up to 25% of the bottles if they were unopened. As it happened, we decided to keep a few cases of wine for serving to guests in the future and returned the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/8405092/reviews.htm

Wine rack. Under the stairs.

And every time you visit someones house, bring two bottles for a while. Birthday and wedding pressies. It'll be gone in six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doc1982

Thanks for suggestions and replies....

Neither of us or our friends are big wine drinkers so it would take a while to clear it that way.

I don't think returning the bubbly/wine is an option as we bought them up north :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

What type of bubbly is it ?

Firegaurd wrote: »
    What type of bubbly is it ?

The bubbly is Cava Vintage Especial

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

according to google thats best drunk within a year, although i dont quite know how they figure that.

http://www.winesdirect.co.uk/products/freixenet_cava_vintage_especial_75cl.aspx

Btw how many cases did you go through for how many guests ?

Thanks for heads up on best before on bubbly.
    We used roughly 55btls for 200

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What's the wine? Have you thought about selling it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sell it on adverts.ie for cost or just below?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Yeah, stick it on adverts with the RRP of it so people know what theyre buying, someone will take it. buyandsell/eBay/donedeal as well. If you dont get a buyer you might be better off to just throw it away, theres a place right out the back of my house. Let me know when you get there and I'll help unload.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

doc1982 wrote: »

thnx

Why oh why cant I have friends like you instead of the wine guzzling ones I have?

Seriously though put the word out among your friends, someone in their families may be having functions and may be happy to buy some of it at a discounted rate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

What kind of wine is it? I might be interested in a box or two if you want rid of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deese

I might be interested in the bubbly as wedding coming up. If you want to pm me on what price you would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

In the meantime try and store it somewhere cool and dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Adverts.ie at cost seems like a good idea, based on this thread you shouldn't have much trouble shifting it.

Advertisement