Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hiring something interesting for my brothers wedding at Ardpatrick near Charleville

Options
  • 29-08-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi guys

My bro wants to get a motor thats a bit different for his wedding day on November 30th coming.

It's on at Castle Oliver in Ardpatrick, in between Mitchelstown and Charleville.

All rental/wedding classic car hire places are looking for full whack 1 or 2 days rental which is alot considering it's just to drive his missus from Castle Oliver to Ballyorgan church and back again...about 4kms.

If there's anyone around that area that would fancy driving their quirky motor for a couple of hours that day and getting a few quid for it, he and we would greatly appreciate it.....

PM me with any offers or advice.

Thanks

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Most clssic car owners wo'nt do this due to insurance and taxi/limo/ hackney issues.
    The taxi regulator has been doing spot checks at weddings and debs etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Garvan

Really?

I saw ur post on the Debs thread and I understand what you are saying but the TR can hardly be found in Dublin and he has his hands full with the thousands of regular psv's. I can't imagine them being too active in the back of beyonds.

Regardless it could be a friend doing a favour for a friend!! Not private hire or limo hire etc....

G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Garvan wrote: »
    Really?

I saw ur post on the Debs thread and I understand what you are saying but the TR can hardly be found in Dublin and he has his hands full with the thousands of regular psv's. I can't imagine them being too active in the back of beyonds.

Regardless it could be a friend doing a favour for a friend!! Not private hire or limo hire etc....

G

That's all very well until someone trips getting out of your car or jams their finger in the door or something. Just saying like........

Yeah

I see ur point and guess ur right.

It's quite sad really when we're afraid to help reach other out because of litigation.

But that's a whole other issue.

Still, i guess there was no harm in asking!!!

G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

The compensation culture together with all the rules and regulations has this country where it is today and a very sorry state of affairs it is i'm sorry to say. It has come to the stage where people would pass someone by if they fell on the ground for fear of being implicated in injuring them or even assaulting them!! If one were to comply with health and safety directives and rules and regulations all the time I really dread to think were we'd all end up.

• Advertisement

It really is tragic. I have to agree Grimmreaper.

Ireland is not the place it used to be, from many different aspects :(

Still there's always Monty Python :D:D:D

G

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭zuzuzu

aujopimur wrote: »
    Most clssic car owners wo'nt do this due to insurance and taxi/limo/ hackney issues.
    The taxi regulator has been doing spot checks at weddings and debs etc..

That's all very well until someone trips getting out of your car or jams their finger in the door or something. Just saying like........

Did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

zuzuzu wrote: »
    Did you?

Did you what?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

'The Good Samaritan Law' was brought in in 2011 which means you can help someone in distress without being sued, but I dont think it extends to loaning your car out for a wedding :)

http://www.thejournal.ie/new-civil-law-bill-might-just-make-us-nicer-people-163046-Jun2011/

Advertisement