Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Supplement

Options
  • 29-08-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

I need help as I am not sure where I stand.

I have finally been approved for council housing after 2 years from when I first applied. My score is 54 and the staff at Dublin city council told me that it can take few years for me to get a place.

My question is this now that I am approved for rent supplement as I am on the housing list can I rent anywhere or can I only rent in areas which I listed in my application where I be housed?, you are only allowed to choose 3 areas.

Another question is that I have found a place but it is in Finglas and my housing application is with Dublin city council will they give me rent supplement if I am renting in Finglas or will they say its not covered as my application with Dublin city and not north Dublin county?

Please note it took me 2 years to get on the housing list and I don't want to go through that again by re-applying for north Dublin county council.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Guest2011

Guest2011 wrote: »
    Hi,

I need help as I am not sure where I stand.

I have finally been approved for council housing after 2 years from when I first applied. My score is 54 and the staff at Dublin city council told me that it can take few years for me to get a place.

My question is this now that I am approved for rent supplement as I am on the housing list can I rent anywhere or can I only rent in areas which I listed in my application where I be housed?, you are only allowed to choose 3 areas.

Another question is that I have found a place but it is in Finglas and my housing application is with Dublin city council will they give me rent supplement if I am renting in Finglas or will they say its not covered as my application with Dublin city and not north Dublin county?

Please note it took me 2 years to get on the housing list and I don't want to go through that again by re-applying for north Dublin county council.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Any advice please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Rent supplement is paid by the HSE not the Dublin City Council, it shouldn't make a difference where you rent. You should check regularly in the local newspapers for Dublin City Council houses which are Choice Lettings.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Guest2011

deelite wrote: »
    Rent supplement is paid by the HSE not the Dublin City Council, it shouldn't make a difference where you rent. You should check regularly in the local newspapers for Dublin City Council houses which are Choice Lettings.

Thanks for the reply. I was confused by the phone call to Dublin City Council when I asked if I can rent in Finglas they told me you have to be on the North County Dublin housing list for that.

Can any person please tell me if its possible to to transfer from one housing list to another without going through the whole application and assessment process again.

Advertisement