Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationship status JSA

Options
  • 29-08-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

How do you prove you are not in a relatioship? What can the social welfare do to prove you are in a realtionship? Do they send out private investigators to follow you around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Thread moved to State Benefits.

OP, hopefully you should get the answers you need here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They don't care if you're in a relationship. Only if you're co-habiting.

As far as I know they can send someone around to your house to check this.

They certainly don't follow you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phone1234

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Thread moved to State Benefits.

OP, hopefully you should get the answers you need here. :)

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    They don't care if you're in a relationship. Only if you're co-habiting.

As far as I know they can send someone around to your house to check this.

They certainly don't follow you.

I am living with my male flatmate in a 2 bdrm apt and they think we're in a relationship cause we lived together before but with other people then. So they think we're co habiting. How can I prove we're not? is it only of they come around and see we have 2 diff rooms? Do they interview you again when they come around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

phone1234 wrote: »
    I am living with my male flatmate in a 2 bdrm apt and they think we're in a relationship cause we lived together before but with other people then. So they think we're co habiting. How can I prove we're not? is it only of they come around and see we have 2 diff rooms? Do they interview you again when they come around?

Not sure about that. I was never interviewed.

Could one of you pretend to be gay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i sense a sitcom in the making

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Not sure about that. I was never interviewed.

Could one of you pretend to be gay?

Ha! we could do that :D maybe if worst comes to worst...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

SW inspectors are ingenious people and are very clever at investigating these cases.

They can and do ask neighbours/postman etc if who lives in the house, are they an item etc etc.

SW inspectors are ingenious people and are very clever at investigating these cases.

They can and do ask neighbours/postman etc if who lives in the house, are they an item etc etc.

But we just moved in here recently and we don't know our neighbours and they don't know us, we never even see them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ok, fair enough.

You have to look at your domestic arrangements. Are your finances completely separate? Who pays the bills etc.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/pages/cohabit.aspx explains their game.

• Advertisement

Ok, fair enough.

You have to look at your domestic arrangements. Are your finances completely separate? Who pays the bills etc.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/pages/cohabit.aspx explains their game.

Ya our finances are completely seperate, we half all bills, but some are in my name and some are in his. I'm just wondering, I know they can come into your house but can they go to the bedrooms and open drawers and stuff?

Thanks for he link :)

Advertisement