Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth headset issue Vista

Options
  • 29-08-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Unsure which form this should be in. Just bought a bluetooth adapter for my laptop. It can pick up my phone. It will not pickup my bluetooth earpiece. Yhe ear piece will connect with my phone, a android 2.2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

By 'earpiece' do you mean the type normally used with a phone ? What happens when you try to pair the device with Windows ? Normally you will be asked to provide a code - usually just 0000 - then the pairing is complete. With most headsets holding the power button for a few seconds will place it in discovery mode and allow nearby Bluetooth devices to see it.

Once you've done this you then need to tell Windows to use this device as your default input/output. Usually this is done from the Sound control panel or by right clicking on the speaker on bottom right of the screen. In Skype you can set this independently in its Audio settings preference pane.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Darith

Actually Ken it started to work not long after and i am successfully using it with my vista laptop via skype. However it is not working with my xp desktop. It finds the headset and then pairs but the sound in control panel cannot detect it and then sometimes it unpairs itself from my desktop?

Advertisement