Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divorce

Options
  • 29-08-2012 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,I have a question.My girlfriend is seperated from her ex husband the past two years.She got married in Hungary(both of them are Hungarian) so my question is,can she apply for divorce here or is the marriage not recgonised as it wasnt an Irish marriage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Thats bigamy isnt it or have a misinterpreted what you've said?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Thats bigamy isnt it or have a misinterpreted what you've said?

It wouldn't be like you to be wrong. What the op is saying is that his gf is separated and wants to know if she can file for divorce in Ireland seeing as how she was married in hungary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Sorry I didn't answer your question. The answer is yes anyone who resides in Ireland can apply for a divorce here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

cahill2012 wrote: »
    Hi,I have a question.My girlfriend is seperated from her ex husband the past two years.She got married in Hungary(both of them are Hungarian) so my question is,can she apply for divorce here or is the marriage not recgonised as it wasnt an Irish marriage?

Yes she can apply for a divorce, but will have to wait at least another 2 years if divorce is going to be an Irish one.

Advertisement