Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to find a good dentist

Options
  • 29-08-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Am looking for recommendations on a good dentist in the Athenry/Oranmore area. Loughrea would be fine too.

I need to take my son, so preferably someone who is good dealing with kids and not too expensive:)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

If you are willing to go as far as Tuam Daly dental have a great reputation with kids, a young dentist with state of the art kit. http://www.dalydental.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

I find these guys excellent, friendly and accommodating :) [edit : their equipment is very up to date]

Oranmore Dental Care (Oranmore)
    1 Cloonarkin Drive Oranmore Galway Co. Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

I go to Liz in the dentist in Athenry and find her great. From talking to a few others they find her very good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SuePal

Thanks for all the advice. I'll look into all of them and see how I go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Please tell us how you got on, I have to bring kids to dentist too, thanks.

• Advertisement

I found out that kids can be seen through the health board. I contacted the Galway dental dept: <MOD SNIP> and am waiting on a follow up.

We'll see how it turns out.

Mod Edit: Phone number here: http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/LHO/Galway/Dental_and_Orthodontic_Services/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

SuePal wrote: »
    I found out that kids can be seen through the health board. I contacted the Galway dental dept: <SNIP> and am waiting on a follow up.

We'll see how it turns out.

By the time they see a health board dentist he'll be fitting them for dentures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

aido76 wrote: »
    I go to Liz in the dentist in Athenry and find her great. From talking to a few others they find her very good also.

She took my tooth out yesterday! Despite that, I have found her very nice and pleasant to deal with and actually the extraction was quick and as painless as it could be, don't know what they're like with kids but they do have a small play area in their waiting room and their blurb leaflet says they welcome kids or something along those lines! I would certainly recommend her as a dentist to anyone.

I got him an appointment for next Wednesday with the health board dentist.

Advertisement