Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Genie - Free Coffee

Options
  • 29-08-2012 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just booked Airportgenie.com Fast-track.

They are offering a free coffee with Fast-track purchased, good offer @ €4.95 pp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

just booked and googled a promo code: RB1563CDRRQQ for a further 15% off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

:confused: €4.95 to sit in your seat on the plane and wait for the others to board, rather than sit in the departure lounge and wait for the boarding queue to subside. Am I missing something?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

http://www.airportgenie.com/ for their range of services. I'd be interested to hear feedback from anyone who's actually used it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Fast track through the baggage queue seems to be the biggest attraction. At 4.95 plus a coffee it's not a bad deal. If you're flying on a busy flight it's worth not having the hassle of standing in a long queue.

getting on a ryanair flight early so i can get a decent seat (leg room) and a coffee is well worth the 4.20 i paid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

It's a bit much after all the slagging of Ryanair by the DAA that they then bring out this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 robburn121

FH,

Think there is a bit of confusion. The AirportGenie Fast-Track is a dedicate line at security, meaning you avoid the queues and can skip through, it is great especially at busy times.

This does not let you board a ryanair flight first, that is their own pass & needs to be booked with your flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

I've used this (on a bank holiday weekend)

It ranks among the best Eur4 (with 15% discount) I've ever spent. I'd say it saved an hour standing in the security queue.

Maybe if the DAA better rostered their security staff there wouldn't be a need for a 'dedicate line at security, meaning you avoid the queues and can skip through'.

I wonder do they short staff the security to 'encourage' people to make use of this service.

robburn121 wrote: »
    FH,

Think there is a bit of confusion. The AirportGenie Fast-Track is a dedicate line at security, meaning you avoid the queues and can skip through, it is great especially at busy times.

This does not let you board a ryanair flight first, that is their own pass & needs to be booked with your flight.

Well that's even better, ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

Fathead wrote: »
    getting on a ryanair flight early so i can get a decent seat (leg room) and a coffee is well worth the 4.20 i paid.

Irrelevant now unless you pay the €10 they want for the EE seats.

I used the free version of this they gave out, it was posted up on here around March, and tbh unless you're travelling at busy periods [7-9am] and Friday evenings/Sunday evenings then its not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

good service for now, but their business model is fundamentally flawed.
    as the service gets more and more popular, their "line" will get busier and less and less time will be saved compared to the standard security lines.

good service for now, but their business model is fundamentally flawed.
    as the service gets more and more popular, their "line" will get busier and less and less time will be saved compared to the standard security lines.

It's a DAA service, so they'll probably just add a second line that charges twice as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

juan.kerr wrote: »
    It's a DAA service, so they'll probably just add a second line that charges twice as much.

ok, I thought it was being outsourced to a private company.

ok, I thought it was being outsourced to a private company.

No, 'Airport Genie is part of the DAA family of businesses', from their About Us page.

http://airportgenie.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86:airport-genie&catid=81:about-us&Itemid=596

I'll be getting a coffee regardless ( airport price prob €3 ). I'm flying early on a Friday, so for €1.20 i can skip the security Q. That's a bargain imo, Cheers op

Fathead wrote: »
    I'm flying early on a Friday

Chances are there won't be a much of a queue if it is that early.

Gotta agree with you on that one FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Peak times in T2 are between 5am and 7am, maybe 9am to 11am then in the evening 4pm to about 6pm depending. If you're travelling those times it would be worth it but any other time it's not. I remember one man had bought Airport Genie fast track for his family of 6 but he came through at like 6 o'clock and there was no queue at all. Complete waste of money - his own words. You're generally not going to be queuing for more than 10 minutes anyway, usually much shorter than that. Keep in mind that at busy times lots of people actually use Fast Track so there will still be a queue!

As for security being short staffed, don't get me started. There are more people leaving the job than are being rehired!

I have used Fast-Track on 3 occasions, at no time have I seen a queue at Fast-track.

• Advertisement

robburn121 wrote: »
    I have used Fast-Track on 3 occasions, at no time have I seen a queue at Fast-track.

What was the queue like in the normal lane on those 3 times?

I got two early morning in T2, both times a solid queue & I was keen to get through. In t1 recently, I didnt notice, Fast-track is completely seperate to the main security gates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I use it regularly in T2 and never seen a queue. It was great when my wife was flying a few weeks ago on her own with the baby.
    I'm using it at the weekend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Would 5.30am on a Sunday morning warrant Airport Genie or will it be mega quiet at that time on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Flew out of terminal 2 on 6.30am flight Sunday 3 weeks ago, no queue, through security under 3 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Flew out of terminal 2 on 6.30am flight Sunday 3 weeks ago, no queue, through security under 3 minutes

Thanks Irishbloke, doesn't sound like it's worth Genie so, even with the free coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 funkyman69

The Groutch is 100% correct, was left standing in the "fast-track" line for about 20 minutes as the normal line moved along. Very busy morning at the airport and a lot of people either had the Genie or frequent flyer cards, no additional lines for fast-track were opened but all the normal security lines were open. Plus all the wheelchair users use fast-track, and there must have been a flight to Lourdes or something that day... they need more lines at busy times. I have just purchased another one for next week, same time of 6am, and will complain if service is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Which are the 'selected outlets' that provide the free coffee? Is Lavazza in T2 on of them? No point if it's just a cup of muck from an urn that was made hours ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Which are the 'selected outlets' that provide the free coffee? Is Lavazza in T2 on of them? No point if it's just a cup of muck from an urn that was made hours ago.
    Used it recently and the supposed free coffee outlets were not easy to find in T1, making this a red herring for me anyway. Not sure I'd bother with it again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement