Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW2 Specs forLaptop

Options
  • 29-08-2012 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey,
    hopefully this thread isn't annoying but...

Last year i bought a laptop to play SWTOR and of course SWTOR sucked the game engine was so broken on release and just didn't ever resub. But I kinda bought it for WoW and upcoming GW game.
    Its a: http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/L650/L650D-ST2N01/but the graphics engine is ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650.
    Just want to know if it can run decently, on low settings.
    Don't want to buy a game on my low student budget for a game that is a lagfest.

TL;DR
    Can my latop run it? Important stuff in bold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Hi there,

Im not 100% sure but i think you would be able to play it on Low-to medium settings.

Try this

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

and click guild wars 2 and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Passes on everything bar CPU speed got 1.8GHz, says I can play it
    But the CPU was my concern and had my reservations about buying it because of it. Few friend of mine say just get it its not sub and all that jazz but it is kinda alot of money for me since i'm going back to uni and most of my summer work cash is gone on accommodation.
    The joys of Uni, preventing me from a desktop

(Thanks for your reply though, much appreciated)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I posted in my specs in the GW2 general discussion forum, as I reckon I'm at the bare minimum to play.

Windows 7 Home Premium
    AMD Athlon II P340 2.20 Ghz Dual Core
    4 GB RAM
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series (512mb memory)

With everthing turned down to a minimum, I can play this with no lag at all, though I haven't had a chance to try WvWvW yet.

With some things turned up a bit, I can play it with a little lag. A friend of mine has a 2 Ghz dual core, and has small amounts of lag with some settings turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

delta36 wrote: »
    I posted in my specs in the GW2 general discussion forum, as I reckon I'm at the bare minimum to play.

Windows 7 Home Premium
    AMD Athlon II P340 2.20 Ghz Dual Core
    4 GB RAM
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series (512mb memory)

With everthing turned down to a minimum, I can play this with no lag at all, though I haven't had a chance to try WvWvW yet.

With some things turned up a bit, I can play it with a little lag. A friend of mine has a 2 Ghz dual core, and has small amounts of lag with some settings turned up.

Sounds like my Acer. Good to hear that GW2 will run on a laptop with those specs, time to go out and spend money on it! :D

Elrollo wrote: »
    Sounds like my Acer. Good to hear that GW2 will run on a laptop with those specs, time to go out and spend money on it! :D

Should add a caveat there, at the lowest settings, the game does look a bit crap, but is still completely playable.

• Advertisement

Should add a caveat there, at the lowest settings, the game does look a bit crap, but is still completely playable.
    As long as its still playable I'm game for it! Been looking forward to this for some time, just had me laptop in the shop for repairs so I'll be getting it back tomorrow and GW2, excited!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Any luck?

Any luck?
    Laptop repaired, Guild Wars installed and drumroll......GW2 runs but every so often the framerate drops dead for about 2 minutes and always drops for big events. Sad times. However I got a quote from the Credit Union for a wee loan so I think I might be getting a new machine soon :cool:(not just for GW2 mind, but for the rest of the games I own that my laptop no longer wants to run).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Elrollo wrote: »
    Laptop repaired, Guild Wars installed and drumroll......GW2 runs but every so often the framerate drops dead for about 2 minutes and always drops for big events. Sad times. However I got a quote from the Credit Union for a wee loan so I think I might be getting a new machine soon :cool:(not just for GW2 mind, but for the rest of the games I own that my laptop no longer wants to run).

Does it have to be a laptop? You'll get way more for your money if you build your own.

Does it have to be a laptop? You'll get way more for your money if you build your own.

nah, that's exactly why I want a PC as my next purchase as I'd be able to upgrade it as and when I need to instead of shelling out for a laptop :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

According to that system test thing it won't run on intel HD integrated gfx?

booo

Seaneh wrote: »

booo

What system test thing did you use?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

booo

I have GW2 running on my Intel HD laptop. Works fine. Playable on low settings without issue.

This is first gen Intel HD series.

What system test thing did you use?

The one linked at the top of this thread :)

I have Intel HD 3000 integrated video.

I wish there was a trial so I could see what it would be like on my laptop before committing €50.

Found some videos of people playing on HD 3000 on youtube, apparently can me run on medium with no shadows idf you use game booster.

hmmm

The one linked at the top of this thread :)

Ah, just to point out, I've used that before and thought it was pretty decent, but on a whim last week (after reading this thread actually), I tested my laptop for Guild Wars 2, and it said my laptop could not play it, whereas it actually can, so don't use it as a definitive yes/no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

:eek: I uh, I reckon you'll be fine with that mate..

You could probably run everything on full tbh.

Advertisement