Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shoplifting - got caught.

Options
  • 28-08-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Please don't give out, I need help & am feeling bad enough already. I got caught stealing an item that cost less than a fiver but had been previously caught about a year ago. I was arrested & have to go to court. I have never been in trouble for anything else, what will happen? I'm really upset & can't believe I have got myself here.
    How can I make this horrible situation better? Should I write to the courts with an apology prior to my date? Will it go in the paper? I'm sick with fear & worry. I'm too embarressed to talk to anybody.
    I'm over 18, a single mother & unemployed, not in receipt of anything other than childrens allowance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

mamajoe wrote: »
    Please don't give out, I need help & am feeling bad enough already. I got caught stealing an item that cost less than a fiver but had been previously caught about a year ago. I was arrested & have to go to court. I have never been in trouble for anything else, what will happen? I'm really upset & can't believe I have got myself here.
    How can I make this horrible situation better? Should I write to the courts with an apology prior to my date? Will it go in the paper? I'm sick with fear & worry. I'm too embarressed to talk to anybody.
    I'm over 18, a single mother & unemployed, not in receipt of anything other than childrens allowance.

Get a solicitor, it sounds like legal aid may cover this matter. Look for legal aid solicitors in your area. The solicitor will advise you on the best way to deal with the matter.

dont do the crime & so on , you stole from someone no matter the cost , now you face the consaquences

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Why was my thread locked?

Because I didn't read the charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement