Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm Hayes Show - 27/08/2012 - Student Finance

Options
  • 28-08-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

There was a guy on this show yesterday and I happened to be in the car at the time so didn't get a chance to listen for a correction today, but the guy was on the national airwaves telling people the Free-Fees Scheme doesn't exist anymore if you have a household income of more than €51k.

I was appalled! When I got a chance I pulled in and text to ask the guy to clarify that this was not the case. He again re-iterated that full fees are payable for families earning €55k plus.:mad::mad:

Colm then went on to say that it will have come as a massive shock to many people that these €7k plus a year fees are payable. They're not for students meeting residency and prior study criteria.

Did anyone hear it today? Was it made clear that they were wrong yesterday?

Advertisement