Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac compatible small accounts package

Options
  • 28-08-2012 5:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Cross-post from the entrepreneurial and biz management forum, possibly better suit here with Mac experts. Here it is:

My gym is growing, excel is no long doing the job (...yes, 3 weeks in). I need a dedicated accounts software program.

Must have capability to record various kinds of turnover, all expenses, assets, liabilities, accruals, prepayments, VAT etc etc, and may need a PAYE/PRSI function down the road as I grow, but that's 6-12 months away.

Need to be simple to use as I want it to make my life easier, not to cost me more time.

And it must, must, must be mac compatible.

I've a audit practice background so like to keep detailed records and am pretty capable when it comes to that sort of stuff, just need to find the right package and am struggling to find anything MacOS compatible.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I don't know about PAYE/PRSI, but a small neat package is Solar Accounts 3.
    I find it really, really ease to use, and its a one off payment rather than monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

Take a look at Mamut. They have various accounts packages,all Mac compatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

There are a couple of options out there especially in the cloud and online space as you can access most of these via a browser and can avoid having to install software locally with the added advantage of access via mobile devices. I would advise to take a trial of any software that might suit your needs and you can see what you like best before committing to any.

Sage One is one option you could consider as it is cloud and compatible with most browsers including Safari. The suite includes accounts and payroll products which are integrated. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial of both the accounts and payroll at www.sageone.ie

There is also a hosted version of Sage 50 available now which is a hosted service and this too is Mac compatible as you access it through your browser.

I am connected to the company

Advertisement