Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA Interview, wrong address, so worried

Options
  • 28-08-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Just wondering how bad my situation is... or if anyone can tell me what I should do.

I've just finished up my Jobseekers benefit and have just had an interview for Jobseekers allowance.

For nearly a year I was not living at the address I said I was, I was basically living off the kindness of others, so didn't change my address with social welfare as it would have stopped payment for a few weeks each time and I knew the people that moved into my old address and they didn't mind letting me call and collect my letters each week.

Anyways so I was working part time and getting my dole cheques sent to my old address, I was on half dole then. So that was all fine when I was on Benefit but that has run out and I had my JSA interview today and I stupidly panicked and lied that I was living at that address until April and then moved into the address I'm in now in June.... I should have just said 'ya I was living there till I moved into my new place' and nothing would have come of it or I should have just come clean then and there cause I went pink and all freaked out, the interviewer knew I was lying I'd say....

I completely forgot they would even ask that ( I know IDIOT!) as the reason I didn't change address with them in the first place was because a guy in the social welfare office, that I was dealing with, had told me not to change address if I could as this would stop payment for a few weeks... plus i was never sure when I would find my own place...

Uh! Serious mess I'm sure this has raised red Flags and now I'm so worried I'll have to pay everything back and won't get the BTEA that I am applying for and my course that starts monday :(

Any Advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

If everything's in order now there's nothing to worry about.
    It's likely they were trying to find out if you were in a relationship that you should be means-tested on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phone1234

tony81 wrote: »
    If everything's in order now there's nothing to worry about.
    It's likely they were trying to find out if you were in a relationship that you should be means-tested on.

Thanks for the reply, Ya they were askin about that alot and the interviewer said that the question had been raised of me being in a relationship because I lived with my male flatmate before aswell and now we're on our own in an apt, but that's because the other people we lived with left for Oz...

But do you think they won't worry about finding out if I was definately in that address until I said was? do you think they won't even ask about it now anymore?

phone1234 wrote: »
    But do you think they won't worry about finding out if I was definately in that address until I said was? do you think they won't even ask about it now anymore?

I doubt it. If they updated the system, the most they can do now is a spot-check to ensure you're at the address... unless they have a time machine you shouldn't have much to worry about.

I doubt it. If they updated the system, the most they can do now is a spot-check to ensure you're at the address... unless they have a time machine you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Can they check my bank acc to see if I was paying rent at that time? or because my name wasn't on the lease then? even tho I could just say I was subletting but when rent wasn't going out of my acc that might raise red flags for them. Maybe I could say they let me stay rent free cause they were friends and I was stuck...

Can they check my bank acc to see if I was paying rent at that time? or because my name wasn't on the lease then? even tho I could just say I was subletting but when rent wasn't going out of my acc that might raise red flags for them. Maybe I could say they let me stay rent free cause they were friends and I was stuck...

I think you're obsessing a little.

Figure out a truth and stick with it.

• Advertisement

I think you're obsessing a little.

Figure out a truth and stick with it.

Ya I know I am obsessing... I just can't afford to not get the JSA as that will mean I won't get BTEA and my course starts Monday... And I may have to wait up to 8 weeks for a decision! I'll go insane in that time I think...

I want to know everything they can do and ask so I will have the right answer and don't shoot myself in the foot and lose everything and have to leave the course after waiting years to get into it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Ya I know I am obsessing... I just can't afford to not get the JSA as that will mean I won't get BTEA and my course starts Monday... And I may have to wait up to 8 weeks for a decision! I'll go insane in that time I think...

I want to know everything they can do and ask so I will have the right answer and don't shoot myself in the foot and lose everything and have to leave the course after waiting years to get into it!

The truth will be the best option!

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement