Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom losing speed & wifi

Options
  • 28-08-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

My router is constantly losing speed i am paying for 8 mb un con-jested broadband I am only getting between 1 and 3.5. It seems to be a constant problem I ring them several times it does be fixed for a month to six weeks then back to the same problems.

Now my router is losing signal and disconnecting all my devices which need to be reconnected at least once daily.

Why can EIRCOM not keep the service going as promised and agreed by them.:mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

niall100 wrote: »
    My router is constantly losing speed i am paying for 8 mb un con-jested broadband I am only getting between 1 and 3.5. It seems to be a constant problem I ring them several times it does be fixed for a month to six weeks then back to the same problems.

Now my router is losing signal and disconnecting all my devices which need to be reconnected at least once daily.

Hi niall100,

Can you PM me with your telephone number so I can run a few checks on the connection.

Can you confirm the number of devices that would generally connected at the one time.

Thanks, Mark

Hi niall100,

Can you PM me with your telephone number so I can run a few checks on the connection.

Can you confirm the number of devices that would generally connected at the one time.

Thanks, Mark

Hi niall100,

I got your telephone number thanks. I am checking it out and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niall100

Hi niall100,

I got your telephone number thanks. I am checking it out and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks, Mark

2 Months now and no reply
    :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niall100

And its still happening they dont seem to care

Hi niall100,

Apologies, I have been running some checks on your connection, the speed is showing a steady -

Downstream
    Synced at: 8128kbps4
    Provisioned: 160-8192kbps

To the main socket, however testing the telephone line is showing a possible issue with the set up.

I spoke to managers in broadband technical they advised it would be best to give them a call on 1890 260 260 to run some direct checks.

Can you let me know the call goes.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement