Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how legal is creating a subscription for a class?

Options
  • 28-08-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Basically there is a class that occurs every quarter. We are currently going to it and its fine. However I wonder how legal it is to do something like this??? We are basically signed up the class before we know it. Its not really easy to opt out unless you do so before the next subscription kicks in.

I'd prefer paying for the classes just before they happen, not for the money to be taken out of my account.

In saying all that its probable that we have signed up for a direct debit. But is it normal?

Its a swimming class.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Sniipe wrote: »
    Basically there is a class that occurs every quarter. We are currently going to it and its fine. However I wonder how legal it is to do something like this??? We are basically signed up the class before we know it. Its not really easy to opt out unless you do so before the next subscription kicks in.

I'd prefer paying for the classes just before they happen, not for the money to be taken out of my account.

In saying all that its probable that we have signed up for a direct debit. But is it normal?

Its a swimming class.
    Its legal and you probably agreed to it when signing up to the direct debit.

If its a problem cancel the direct debit and pay in cash when it comes around to renew.

Advertisement