Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter from the dole in My work File

Options
  • 28-08-2012 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys.

Just a quick question i have. I have recently been given access to my personnel file at work, as i have a few bits which need to be updated in it and was just handed it. I noticed that there is a letter in it from social protection asking about when i started work, an how much i earned since starting work.

Would anyone know why such a letter would be there and what it would be in connection with.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

You never tried claiming any sort of dole at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

i did in 2008 until the start of 2009. 6 months i think. Would the letter be in relation to that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Could be. Do you remember when the letter was issued?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

it was around july. i had started mid may. jet wanted to know how long i was here and how much i earned a week.

bit weird though

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Are you paying child maintenance to anybody ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

call them and ask?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Issue an FoI for your personal file to the DSP.
    Send an email along with your details including pps no. quoting:
    a request under FoI acts for all personal data held on file between dates X & Y.
    http://foi.gov.ie/Dept-of-Social-Protection

Advertisement