Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDT Audio Drivers vs. Skype

Options
  • 28-08-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys,
    I've recently acquired a HP Elitebook 2540p (i7, 2gb) and when I got it I found XP Pro (32-bit) was on it and the whole thing was working fine, but I decided to upgrade it to Win 7 (32-bit) and I installed the proprietary drivers which all worked fine. Except for the IDT HD Audio Driver. It seems to work fine unless I have Skype open. If I am in a call with my headset plugged in, only Skype will come through the headset and everything else will come through the speakers. I've tried a few other solutions on the HP, Skype and Win7 forums but to no avail. How can I get everything to simply come through my headset?
    Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

when I got it I found XP Pro (32-bit) was on it and the whole thing was working fine, but I decided to upgrade it to Win 7

Never touch a running system!

Want to hear another one? If it ain't broken don't fix it!

Enough of that now... ;)
    If I am in a call with my headset plugged in, only Skype will come through the headset and everything else will come through the speakers.

Don't get me wrong, but isn't this the way it is supposed to be???

Your headset connects via USB (meaning it's a separate sound device) or 3.5mm plugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ABigBlackWall

It is a mic/headphones combi 3.5mm jack. Also it's not supposed to be like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Well, it certainly is like that when you're using a USB headset.

Doesn't Windows 7 have some "sound per application" gimmick?

When you go into the Sound & Audio properties and you disable the speakers, everything should go through the headphones.

Skype uses its own audio settings and these override those defined in Windows. Go to Tools > Options > Audio settings and click "Show advanced options". You can change the default order there.

218996.png

Advertisement