Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA for over 25

Options
  • 27-08-2012 6:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been on Job Seekers Allowance for the last few months, before that I was on Back To Education Allowance for about 8 months & before that I was in work for a few years.

I'm 24 at the moment & living with my parents so there income comes into to how much I get each week.

But I turn 25 in a few days & from what I understand my parents income wont effect what I'm getting then.

My question is will I have to make a new claim again or will my full rate of 188 just automatically be there each week without having to make a new claim?

Any help or info on this matter at all will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

The new rate of €188 will be payable from the date you reach 25 years. You may not get the full increase on the first week as your birthday may fall during the payment week. If you do not receive it on the week after you reach 25 go to sw office to ensure this is not ignored.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Thanks for information thats a great help.

Advertisement