Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple or Pear tree?? Why is there no fruit?

Options
  • 27-08-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I have a tree growing in my garden that I planted from a piece of fruit I ate :P it was either an apple or pear tree, and it's about 14 years old. It's around 12ft tall, and I'm just wondering why there are no flowers on it yet? It should be bearing fruit at this stage I would have thought. The leaves on it are a bit dry looking, with some brown around the edges so maybe that has something to do with it? Although we have a plum tree which gives great fruit every year and its leaves are in the same condition. I'll try post some pictures in the next few days :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Too much rain, not enough sun.
    Pretty much the same story with most fruit trees this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Hi Denis - a photo will be good but fruit trees dont usually come true from seeds etc.
    Even so it should have flowered at some point - especially at that size and age.
    Are you certain it has never produced any blossoms at all? Because without flowers, which would then have to be pollinated, there will never be any fruit.
    Look forward to the pics. :)

Advertisement