Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joyetech eCab arrived today!

Options
  • 27-08-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭

Well, I have it! Impressed by how sleek and cool it looks,and it feels lovely to hold, not so impressed by the juice I ordered but I suppose it is trial and error.

I got....
    Joyetech D-mint medium(11mg) thought it would be menthol but it is more like Wrigleys spearmint gum. Oh well.And also not very strong (for me)

Liqua Cherry regular (1.8) Smells like cherry but I don't think it really tastes like cherry.Doesn't actually taste like much:(

Liqua Menthol (1.8) Best one so far, but it is more mint like a polo rather than the menthol I want. I want a sort of Consulate menthol. A menthol menthol!

And a few more that I haven't tried yet - but all in all I'm liking!:D

Also I must say very good service from VapourPal - Tom phoned me this evening to find out whether I had received it and if I was happy. Definitely will order from there again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Ok, I have the eCab three days now and I do like it a lot. Only problem is changing the battery twice a day:eek: I'm obviously puffing away more than I thought. But I have lots of flavours to try so maybe that is the reason ;)

And by the way Liqua Apple flavour is delicious! I don't even like apples!!!

I've ordered more batteries. I'm so tempted by the egoC(not the twist one) but can't help thinking it looks as big as a banana.

Love the slimness of this one..... what to do......??????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah the slim 360mah batteries wont last pissing time

you could get a 650 mah ego battery. they're not that big, might feel a little odd in your hand at first but you'll quickly get used to it

oughta last you.. well, about twice as long as your 360 mahs :)

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/124-joye-ego-c-battery.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yerra, the 1000mah eGo is only about 2/3 of a banana long, and much thinner!

But if you're gonna buy something that size, I'd urge the Twist. Mmmm, VV taste explosion, nomnomnom.

Maybe the Gripper VV as the "home-vape" machine?
    It's quite small and the battery life is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

The ego battery doesn't fit the e-cab system as its a completely new slimmer type system than the ego and its just a little bigger than a cigalike, very tidy size. Just imagine a superking cigalike with an ego-c system and ye'll get an idea of size but it performs well for its size due to the good atomiser system on it.

The extra batteries for the e-cab are about €4 each and they charge very quickly so it does need extra batteries than what comes in kit but I think for someone that wants a small device it does work really really well.

I've tried my wife's e-cab a good few times and it hits great and has given her no trouble or leaking or anything like that. I think using 2 batteries a day sounds about right for an average user as that's more or less equivalent to using an 650mah ego battery in a day.

dragona wrote: »
    Ok, I have the eCab three days now and I do like it a lot. Only problem is changing the battery twice a day:eek: I'm obviously puffing away more than I thought. But I have lots of flavours to try so maybe that is the reason ;)

And by the way Liqua Apple flavour is delicious! I don't even like apples!!!

I've ordered more batteries. I'm so tempted by the egoC(not the twist one) but can't help thinking it looks as big as a banana.

Love the slimness of this one..... what to do......??????

Its always good to have a backup system and a backup of a backup. If your going to vapefest you might get a good deal on another kit and could try something out before you buy.

• Advertisement

newmark wrote: »

The extra batteries for the e-cab are about €4 each and they charge very quickly so it does need extra batteries than what comes in kit but I think for someone that wants a small device it does work really really well.

I've tried my wife's e-cab a good few times and it hits great and has given her no trouble or leaking or anything like that. I think using 2 batteries a day sounds about right for an average user as that's more or less equivalent to using an 650mah ego battery in a day.

Yes.......I have ordered two more batteries, and I suppose it's no big deal to change them through the day. I am thoroughly enjoying it. I don't suppose it would make much difference to have one longer lasting battery instead of two smaller ones.

Maybe bigger is not always better! :D

newmark wrote: »
    Its always good to have a backup system and a backup of a backup. If your going to vapefest you might get a good deal on another kit and could try something out before you buy.

I really want to come to Vapefest! Will have to pull out all the stops and try to be there, would love to meet some of you guys!

I have found these *TrustFire Prtcted 10440 600mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries* so the same size to fit the eCab but 600mAh instead of 350mah. No go? Or would it break something?? The eCab uses the same atomiser as the egoC which has the bigger battery,so would it work do you think?

dragona wrote: »
    I really want to come to Vapefest! Will have to pull out all the stops and try to be there, would love to meet some of you guys!

I have found these *TrustFire Prtcted 10440 600mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries* so the same size to fit the eCab but 600mAh instead of 350mah. No go? Or would it break something?? The eCab uses the same atomiser as the egoC which has the bigger battery,so would it work do you think?

I think they might do the trick but one of the battery experts here might be able to advise you better. If they did it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looking at the eGo myself. The Twist does indeed look promising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

biko wrote: »
    Looking at the eGo myself. The Twist does indeed look promising.

Twist is working great for me,the only problem i have with it is that the markings for the voltage are starting to fade a little so it's hard to judge what voltage i have it on in bad light.But that's only a minor thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

if the markings on the wee metal bit are indented, scribble over them with a black marker and wipe off the excess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

artyeva wrote: »
    if the markings on the wee metal bit are indented, scribble over them with a black marker and wipe off the excess.

No indents sadly,i can still see the 4volt mark though so i just marked that :)

Advertisement