Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student going into college: What is most important to you when choosing a society?

Options
  • 27-08-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm on the music society committee in DCU and we're looking to see if we can improve ourselves by listening to what new students want. So, what do you guys look for when joining a society this coming semester?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Friendly people, good organisation, good communication.

It's great if regular events are organised and carried out properly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Creidim

If its well ran by friendly people, who get that you are at beginner level. I want to take up some new sports but i'm nervous as hell about being **** at it

I like music though, so I might see ye next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SeeItSideways

We'd love to have you. So competency is a big part. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SeeItSideways

So in particular what events would you look for. We have open mic nights every thursday and we often go away to places like liverpool or malta.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

Are there texas holdem nights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

I was on the Gamessoc committee for three years, start of the year was always nerve wrecking for us, trying to make a good impression, making sure to clarify any assumptions people had about us. Don't be afraid of the people running societies, they just want their members to get the best experience they can. If your looking for info nearly all the societies have websites and facebook pages (Gamessoc's)
    Im always open to questions about gamessoc btw.

Advertisement