Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft beer at the Electric Picnic

Options
  • 27-08-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

Some good news for lovers of decent beer who are attending the Picnic, in the area called "Theatre Of Food":

"Behind the Brewers - with Caroline Hennessy & Claire Dalton – Tasting Irish craft beer and matching it with Food.( Caroline Hennessy, Journalist, broadcaster and blogger and partner of Scott Baigent brewer at Eight Degrees Brewing teams up with Claire Dalton, wife of brewer Tom from Dungarvan Brewing Company to talk food & beer pairings with plenty of sampling & tastings! "

Hopefully there will be a bar selling pints of these too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

L Mulligans Grocers are at it as well, they'll probably have a good selection of craft beers if they replicate the pub.

Don't think i'll be going unless some free tickets float my way, might just go to mulligans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

L Mulligans Grocers are at it as well, they'll probably have a good selection of craft beers if they replicate the pub.

Don't think i'll be going unless some free tickets float my way, might just go to mulligans.

Cheers, really surprised that Heineken would allow them to sell pints or bottles seeing as they have a stranglehold, probably just a few samples for the duration of the tastings. Irish Times article on Saturday said: "A pop-up cafe will be run by the team behind gastropubs L Mulligan Grocer and WJ Kavanaghs, promising scotch eggs, macaroni and cheese and "tasty casseroles"." No mention of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Hopefully there will be a bar selling pints of these too.

I wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

noby wrote: »
    I wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

Yeah they both told me they of course won't be selling any, guess its wine and Bacardi for me.

Advertisement