Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky ready yet?

Options
  • 27-08-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Was wondering if there has been any further developments in relation to the communal dish/roll out of Sky TV in Charlesland of late?
    On contacting the relevant management company a month or more before Euro 2012 began I was told "a couple of weeks" and that came and went. Rang again pre-Olympics and yep, you guessed it, "a couple of weeks".
    I can view Sports etc via Sky Go (folks a/c) from laptop to the TV but its HD that I'm after (Saorview reception is nigh on zero via amp'd indoor aerial, in apt so aerial options limited)
    I understand there have been issues around dish placement/permissions which is fair but its dragging on a bit now..
    I believe that a bit of competition is needed in the TV dept as UPC have no details (read clue) about HD upgrades around here and losing subscriptions make wake them up a bit...

peeha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

What part of charlesland are you in because there's several different developments.

IE the crescent has Sky communal but its likely the only other place that may have it will be the fairways.

if you're in a house/duples youll have to get your own dish i think

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Peehadc

In CL grove. There is no need for a dish I've been told. Don't fully understand the tech behind it but its been explained that there are booster boxes every couple of houses being installed and from there to the house. presuming they'll uses the existing cable infrastructure maybe too. Wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

i suggest getting your own dish, we're in the grove and we got our own. If you want anything done, best do it yourself :)

Peehadc wrote: »
    In CL grove. There is no need for a dish I've been told. Don't fully understand the tech behind it but its been explained that there are booster boxes every couple of houses being installed and from there to the house. presuming they'll uses the existing cable infrastructure maybe too. Wait and see
    It's a communal dish and all they do is pull the cable into your living room with no requirement for an additional dish.

Contact your management agents for more info. If you're leasing contact your landlord and ask them to contact the management agents

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

i suggest getting your own dish, we're in the grove and we got our own. If you want anything done, best do it yourself :)

I thought you weren't allowed have dishes?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

you're not

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Peehadc

...so the story thus far (based on account from management co.) is that the installation company are the ones dragging their heels on this rollout. Dish placement/permissions sorted &wiring/junction boxes sorted.
    Outstanding issue is physical dish installation at agreed location.
    Sky Ireland contacted and nothing they can do as its a third party contractor (crazy, as this in my view damages their brand image but they seem powerless/myopic). In fact maybe their customer service is as bad as UPC in this regard..
    Anybody serious about changing their tv provider/competition needs to contact their management co. and keep pressure on this contractor
    Peehadc

Advertisement