Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re Entry to Ireland

Options
  • 27-08-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi There,

I am a NZ citizen with a stamp 4 visa. I got that through my partnership with my girlfriend who is an Irish citizen.

We are going to England for the weekend and I am just wondering whether I will have any trouble getting back into Ireland. It has only occurred to me today that I might need a re entry visa or something.

If anyone has been in this position and could offer any information I would appreciate it .

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

CommanderC wrote: »
    Hi There,

I am a NZ citizen with a stamp 4 visa. I got that through my partnership with my girlfriend who is an Irish citizen.

We are going to England for the weekend and I am just wondering whether I will have any trouble getting back into Ireland. It has only occurred to me today that I might need a re entry visa or something.

If anyone has been in this position and could offer any information I would appreciate it .

Thanks.

You do need a re-entry visa, you might not be allowed to board your return flight with out it, GNIB in Dublin will issue them same day, charge is €60 for a 90 day one or €100 for an annual one, On busy days, it can take a few hours wait to get one, prices are a year or two old, you might check before you go,.

You do need a re-entry visa, you might not be allowed to board your return flight with out it, GNIB in Dublin will issue them same day, charge is €60 for a 90 day one or €100 for an annual one, On busy days, it can take a few hours wait to get one, prices are a year or two old, you might check before you go,.

I though spouses are exempt from fees, Under

EU Law the following are exempt from fees:
    • Spouses of EEA (including Irish) and Swiss nationals (Original passport of EEA/Swiss national
    and original marriage certifi cate required as evidence)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I though spouses are exempt from fees, Under

EU Law the following are exempt from fees:
    • Spouses of EEA (including Irish) and Swiss nationals (Original passport of EEA/Swiss national
    and original marriage certifi cate required as evidence)
    Is a girlfriend classed as a spouse?

Is a girlfriend classed as a spouse?

Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Citizens of New Zealand are not visa required. All you need is your GNIB card and passport to get back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Mena wrote: »
    Citizens of New Zealand are not visa required. All you need is your GNIB card and passport to get back in.

Correct. No visa required as per

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2011/en/si/0146.html

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

Just get the ferry home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

leeomurchu wrote: »
    Just get the ferry home :D

Yeah- I was starting to think that for a while there. Thanks for all the advice !!! :D

Advertisement