Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail blocking Eircom e-mail - any solution?

Options
  • 27-08-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I've recently become aware that e-mails from my Eircom-hosted e-mail address are not reaching Hotmail addresses, with no bounce-back or error message. On investigation, it seems that this not a new problem and I am not alone. (See Google or even Eircom's own page.

Has anyone come up with a solution that works?
    • Contacting Eircom themselves doesn't work.
    • I can route such e-mails through a different e-mail address, but that's a pain, for various reasons.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Move your email elsewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Contacting Eircom themselves doesn't work.

They're all out on the road trying to "convince" broadband users to switch back to eircom. ;)

Last week at an elderly lady in the neighbourhood rang me saying an eircom rep was at her house, wanting her to switch back. I told her not to sign anything before I get there. The b@sta@rd was full of sh*t and new feck all but his methods were nothing short of bullying the poor woman to sign the contract. I was so close to getting my hurley out of the boot.
    Blacknight wrote: »
    Move your email elsewhere?

+1000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Can you not whitelist the eircom.net domain in Hotmail?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Thanks for the replies. I'm no fan of Eircom and may consider moving to another e-mail provider.

@fionny - I don't think that white-listing in Hotmail will work as the e-mail seems to be getting blocked before it even reaches the recipient's Hotmail mailbox.

Advertisement