Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA problem

Options
  • 27-08-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi i have applied for btea and last friday i was told the the SW havent even looked at the forms yet. i am starting my course on the 4th of sept (next week) and im a bit worried and heres why,

im 20 and you need to be 21 but MAY get it if iv been on the dole 9months which i have and out of education 2 years which i have ,but i paid 750EURO to get into the course and if i attend the course and come October i get denied for btea im gonna have to drop out as i have no money and i lose my 750 because i attended the course. and it takes a long time to save that money on 100EURO a week, so i woulnt like to lose it.

its just the "you may qualify" that has me worried

what do i do? take the risk and maby lose my money or just not go at all?:confused::confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

DylanTW28 wrote: »
    hi i have applied for btea and last friday i was told the the SW havent even looked at the forms yet. i am starting my course on the 4th of sept (next week) and im a bit worried and heres why,

im 20 and you need to be 21 but MAY get it if iv been on the dole 9months which i have and out of education 2 years which i have ,but i paid 750EURO to get into the course and if i attend the course and come October i get denied for btea im gonna have to drop out as i have no money and i lose my 750 because i attended the course. and it takes a long time to save that money on 100EURO a week, so i woulnt like to lose it.

its just the "you may qualify" that has me worried

what do i do? take the risk and maby lose my money or just not go at all?:confused::confused:

I think you do meet the conditions i.e. on the dole 9 months, and out of education for 2 years. They will want you back training rather than sitting around doing nothing. You are not 21 but I would be pretty sure that you will get it. The website says 18-20, so your on the right end of that age group. Go do your course!

Advertisement