Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA problem

Options
  • 27-08-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi i have applied for btea and last friday i was told the the SW havent even looked at the forms yet. i am starting my course on the 4th of sept (next week) and im a bit worried and heres why,

im 20 and you need to be 21 but MAY get it if iv been on the dole 9months which i have and out of education 2 years which i have ,but i paid 750EURO to get into the course and if i attend the course and come October i get denied for btea im gonna have to drop out as i have no money and i lose my 750 because i attended the course. and it takes a long time to save that money on 100EURO a week, so i woulnt like to lose it.

its just the "you may qualify" that has me worried

what do i do? take the risk and maby lose my money or just not go at all?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DylanTW28

cheers how do i delete this one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You can't once someone has replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DaraboT

Hey mate. If your trying to get the BTEA and their giving you grief you can try the grant way. Apply for the grant.which will cover fees and give you cash for the year ...however you would'nt be classed as a mature student and if you have been living at home you wont be classed as and Independent. The best people for advice is you local Citizens information. they are really good and also your local VEC. As for the college just tell them your waiting on your grant to come through. and you can only claim either the grant or the btea not both like a few years ago.

Hope there's something there of some help mate its a nightmare but best of luck. and if you have a place in college you might even go to your credit union. college is the only place to be right now if your not in a well paying civil service job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Moyspur

Speak to your local politician. Explain your urgency and if he was to call it will speed things up, believe me. I was waiting months until I mentioned to the sw that I was going to have one of my local TD's speak to them. They processed my application the following morning. You need to put constant pressure. You may feel bad about it but this is your life, your chance to go to college, why would you let someone else blow it on you. Good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement