Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol stations in Ennis

Options
  • 27-08-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Passing through one stretch of main road in Ennis and I counted 8 petrol stations. What's the story? Is Ennis the petrol station capital of Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niall100

Ya there are certainly enough of them now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

The funny thing is I'm always out of fuel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's a lot of petrol stations alright on the Clare Road, off the top of my head if you were to be on the "Old" road from Gort to Limerick, you have the Maxol (Clarecastle), Topaz, Shell, AppleGreen, Daly's (closed), Shannonside, Downes & Howards and Sheils, besides those stations I think there are only 2 other ones in town (O'Sullivan's & Hansbury's and just after the bridge in Roslevan), I wouldn't think that 9/10 petrol stations in town the size of Ennis would be excessive although I would imagine a lot of them are struggling now that the town is by-passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

There is two more stations on the lahinch road too

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not forgetting the one on the Quin road and 2 on the tulla road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭yer man!

And they're all cheaper than Galway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Sometimes cheap diesel can work out very expensive in the long run.

My sister in law got a fill of dirty diesel recently and it ended up costing her a fortune to sort her car out afterwards. I have heard a few similar reports recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

nokia lady wrote: »
    not cheaper than gort tho!!

At the risk of getting banned I wont say anything ;) but where in gort?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Sometimes cheap diesel can work out very expensive in the long run.

My sister in law got a fill of dirty diesel recently and it ended up costing her a fortune to sort her car out afterwards. I have heard a few similar reports recently.
    Got 20 euro worth of diesel last night near st flannans and I have to drain the tank today, am I the only one?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

blue5000 wrote: »
    Got 20 euro worth of diesel last night near st flannans and I have to drain the tank today, am I the only one?

I got 40 there last night after the do at the mart...I hope for my sake you are blue :D There's 3 petrol stations along there, which one did you go to?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

apple green, at the traffic lights, drove home fine but wifey had a few sputters taking the young lad to school this morning. I'll have a look again in the morning.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

blue5000 wrote: »
    apple green, at the traffic lights, drove home fine but wifey had a few sputters taking the young lad to school this morning. I'll have a look again in the morning.

Thank you Blue. for making us aware. I always get my fuel from the biggies like Maxol or Topaz. Cheaper n the long run(pardon the pun)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Ive never had a problem with diesel or petrol from apple green.

ger664 wrote: »
    I always use Applegreen (since Francie Daly's closed) when I'm in Ennis, I've never had an issue either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I always use Applegreen as well and have never had a problem, touch wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Got petrol there yesterday and car hasn't exploded or anything

^^^^^^

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

all the stations and only one serves after 12am (captain mac's). the electricity went one saturday night on the clare road, it was a disaster with taxis

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

When I pass by Ennis, I generally stop at the Maxol station on the relief road to Kilrush from the motorway (is it Pinewood?).
    It's a 4-mile detour but worth the 6-cent per litre difference for petrol (4 cents for diesel) with all the stations in Galway !
    Yesterday, petrol there was 1.659 (1.719 in most of the Galway stations) and diesel 1.559 (1.599 locally).

Wait till you find out about the Golden Vale and Oil Suppliers diesel prices, whole lot cheaper, well I think they are, I use petrol myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

ger664 wrote: »

They obviously have themselves a good name cause every time im passing either going home or to town there are lines of cars at the pumps more than any other station bar Kelly's(Maxol)

They are the cheapest petrol in town and have been for ages, in fact I've to get petrol in the wife's car no (at half time in the rugby) and I'll go there, I'll have to pass 3 other petrol stations on the way there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Clareman wrote: »
    They are the cheapest petrol in town and have been for ages, in fact I've to get petrol in the wife's car no (at half time in the rugby) and I'll go there, I'll have to pass 3 other petrol stations on the way there.

The other day Kelly's were 165.9 while appplegreen where 167.8 but for a week they were the cheapest at 161.9. while others were at 165

Advertisement