Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

clasic/vintage

Options
  • 27-08-2012 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

how old does a car have to be to qualify for cheap tax/insurance ?

Comments

30 for tax, insurance can be from 15 year old or less in cases I think.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

RoverJames is correct.

However, for yourself, to get classic insurance, you will more than likely need to be over 25 and will need another car in full time use, whose NCB is mirrored against your classic policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Your NCB, and wheather you have one or not doesn't usually effect a classic policy, and you dont earn an NCB with a classic policy either, at least none that I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

To respond about owning a second car if you are a named driver on another form of transport it will also qualify you for classic insurance.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

antodeco wrote: »
    whose NCB is mirrored against your classic policy.

I'm in the same boat. My NCD is mirrored against my classic policy now apparently.

(Before, when I had a classic as a main vehicle, my NCD was used against it. Then when I got a more modern hack for first vehicle duties, the classic policy folk were asking me for proof of NCD - daft, as all I was doing was sending their OWN letter back to them. :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

looks like my 92d sierra will stay off the road for now.....:mad:

Advertisement