Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for ye lads

Options
  • 26-08-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Aquila wrote: »
    Which of the stouts has the lowest calories?>
    I read somewhere a 500ml Guinness has 175 calories,what about the other stout brands?
    Cheers

Probably within a similar region. More alcohol means slightly more calories and obviously the more malt used the more calories.

This forum isn't really for such questions so maybe try nutrition and diet forum or perhaps drinkaware.ie.

Porterhouse beers claim to have no added preservatives etc, if health is an issue.

And if you want to lose weight, I'm sorry to say that the best way to do this is not to drink alcohol at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think the 500ml is 170kcal if I remember right, it is no longer on the cans, it is rare to see info on any cans. For some oddball reason alcohol drinks are exempt from the legal requirements of declaring info. Tesco often have them on their beers.

I would also imagine most similar tasting stouts around the 4.2% mark are around the same kcal. I reckon they cannot get too much lower as the ~4.2% light beers are just a bit less themselves. I read the light beers have enzymes added so they can ferment almost all of the sugars.

Loads of the info on drinks you see online is incorrect, bulmers even had conflicting info on their own site about their own drinks, and not just out by a small % or error.

Advertisement