Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life After (and Before) Phantom

Options
  • 26-08-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭

I heard Fiona Scally recently on Radio Nova - I think it was a gig guide. From a quick look at the internet, I see that Fiona is Production Manager for Nova. Fiona Scally used to be a presenter and Music Director of Phantom 105.2 last year.

With all the speculation about what lies ahead for Phantom, I was thinking of all the people who have left for, or come back from, other permanently-licenced Irish radio stations.

Let me deal first with those who left and are currently back with Phantom:
    Alison Curtis - Today FM, Keith Walsh (PD) - Spin 103 and I105-107 and Orla Ormonde -105-107. The first two left Phantom at the pirate stage. Orlagh Donnelly also returned after a spell away, but I'm not sure where or what.

Then there are those currently (for the moment anyway) with Phantom, who came with other experience. Namely: Derek Byrne - community and college radio stations and Claire Beck - Spin 103.

Then, there all those who left Phantom for good at the pirate stage :2FM's Jenny Heuston, Cormac Battle and Dan Hegary and Newstalk's Joe Donnelly.

There are others no longer with Phantom (or seemingly any radio station) who had previous radio experience before Phantom.
    John Walshe, aka John Deal, - went from pirate Phantom to FM104 to fully licenced Phantom; Brian Daly - Anna Livia and FM104 ; Peter Vamos, aka Sinister Pete, - Anna Livia and Sinead Ni Mhordha - went from temporary-licenced Phantom to FM104 to fully-licenced Phantom. Let us not forget one Simon Maher, aka Pete Reid. He was involved with West Dubin Community Radio back in the mid-'90s. He was also involved with Anna Livia while heavily involved with Phantom at its pirate stage.

Any more permanently-licenced radio experience of past or present Phantom staff? I just think that the temporary-licenced angle is really a different thread.

Advertisement