Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking mag

Options
  • 26-08-2012 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Looking for some help on how to seal up a leaking KJ mag for a p226. I know it's a long shot trying to seal them. At €35 a pop it's worth trying to do.

Anyone any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Trebob wrote: »
    Looking for some help on how to seal up a leaking KJ mag for a p226. I know it's a long shot trying to seal them. At €35 a pop it's worth trying to do.

Anyone any ideas??

Tiny bit of silicone grease, not oil around the o-ring will hopefully stop the leak, it causes the rubber to expand, works for me anyway, depending on how degraded the rubber is id get new o-ring.

On a side note you should maintain GBB pistols regularly, or every now an again throw in some green gas and fire it just to keep the o-rings lubed. Preventative maintenance dude saves you a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

Cheers for the help:) il try that with a bit of silicone grease if that doesnt work a new o-ring might be best!! It is an old mag so could well be beyond helping.

I do keep the Sig well maintained itself try to fire it an clean it after every skirmish/once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Trebob wrote: »
    Cheers for the help:) il try that with a bit of silicone grease if that doesnt work a new o-ring might be best!! It is an old mag so could well be beyond helping.

I do keep the Sig well maintained itself try to fire it an clean it after every skirmish/once a week.

Yera if it's old then Id replace the seals. Takes the same amount of time to do like.

Might just do that alright but il try greasing it first see how it go's. Thing is it only started leaking yesterday during a skirmish, it is old but never a prob before then so could be the o-ring is shot altogether.

Appreciate the help dude.

Cheers for the help southern dandy! Tried to silicone oil no joy, new o-ring though perfect thanks again dude:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement