Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laibach - Best?

Options
  • 26-08-2012 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Read about Slovenian band Laibach in one of the UK music mags recently, and their arthouse DAF-style music. Very edgy, I'd like to explore more.

http://www.laibach.nsk.si/rec.htm

Anyone recommend tracks or albums by them? Anyone seen that concert or other performances?

Love to see the NCH doing something like the Tate Modern example. Or Electric Picnic. LOL.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

They've changed a lot over the years so I suppose it'd depend on which style of music you prefer. I'd recommend the war-themed album, NATO (where they do a cover of a DAF song) or Kapital, which probably isn't critically rated but I like it. Also, Let It Be, which is their version of the Beatles album, but without the title track.

I saw them live in 2004, I think, in the TBMC. I had wanted to see them live for years (I've been a fan since 1988) and I wasn't disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

WAT is my fav album ..(not that I have explored all their discography).and from it now you will pay is their masterpiece imo..I like the political aspects of these songs rather than the covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was going to mention WAT, and Now You will Pay is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

no feck all about these guys. but that now you will pay song is excellent.

Advertisement