Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to display mail in sidebar?

Options
  • 26-08-2012 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im only a new mac user so I need a bit of help. I was able to show my calendar and emails on the right hand side of the screen yesterday. I thought that I just placed 3 fingers on the pad and moved it left. It then appeared. However, that is not happening now. How do I make it happen?

Also how do I get the mail app to check for messages after I start up without having to click on the icon?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

What you may have activated is called Notification Centre. It will show unread emails, as well as Calender alerts, iMessages and App Updates. To get to it, place to fingers on the right edge of the trackpad, and swipe them left.

The second one, do you mean the icon for Mail itself, or the 'Get Mail' button. If it's the latter then you can set a time (mine is every 5 minutes) when it will automatically retrieve new messages. You set this up in Mail Preferences > General. Shortcut to get to it is press CMD+, when you have the Mail app selected.

Advertisement