Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBB Vs Electric (L85)

Options
  • 25-08-2012 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

Hi All, So i've decide to sell my two aegs (sell adverts soon), I'm going buying a Bullpup as they suit my size, and style, i've noticed that the WE L85 isn't much dearer than the Ares Electric model.
    I was wondering which would be the better of the two?
    I am a mid cap man so would GBB mid caps be hard to come by?

Cheers
    Shane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

GBB rifles mainly only come with 50 round mags, and they run at a minimum of 20 quid a pop.

tbh if you're not sure about a GBB rifle, don't get one. Definitely don't put yourself in a situation where it's your only rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭King John The Last

GBBRs are huge fun but very impractical compared to AEGs. The small mag capacity really limits what you can do and the price of them makes this even worse. You have to remember most gas mags fit 30 BBs so you need 4 @ around €20 each to equal 1 mid cap and 10(€200 total:eek:) to equal a hi cap. If you are interested I highly recommend that you try playing 1 day loading your mid caps with just 30 BBs. I did this before I got my GBBR and it really helped me see that most people including me have to change their game to use a GBBR. I love mine but they don't suit everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Also if your a lefty the WE L85 might not suit you as you will get a charging handle to the gob. :)

And I don't know where ye are getting your mags from but most retailers that have WE M4 mags sell them around 40-45 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Also if your a lefty the WE L85 might not suit you as you will get a charging handle to the gob. :)

To retell a story FireKitten once told me; the British Army trains all recruits to fire right-handed, even if you're a lefty. During officer training, a girl in her platoon foolishly ignored that and pulled the trigger (on the firing range obviously) and BANG, there went her nose & mouth; lots of blood & tears ensued mixed in with the unsubtle sounds of an incredibly irate range master.

So yeah, the L85 (RS or airsoft) is not designed to be fired left-handed ... and as Gerrowdat said, if you're unsure about whether or not to get an AEG or a GBB rifle, get an AEG. I would however disagree with some of what King John said, and again it comes back to what Gerrowdat said. If you are trying to compare cost & magazine capacity of GBB mags (or lo/mid-caps for that matter) to hi-caps, you need to take a long look at what you want out of airsoft (i.e. unsure/unaware)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

OP I had a we gbb l85. Fantastic piece, good heft and well put together but like any other gbb I have I wouldnt try game it (If I actually gamed that is). Simply put I am a huge gbb fan but thats only cause I collect only , you will have less round, not be able fire full auto for as long, have to not only reload the mags but re gas them in field also. There really is no reason in game to bring a gbb over an AEG.

My advice would be to keep one AEG for field , sell the other then save the difference up to get a GBB for pinking.

NB - If I was forced to bring any GBB into a game it'd be the WE gbb g36 as its the most practical I have used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Depends on the kind of game you play.

I could easily swap my loadout over to gas and not really notice from a practical standpoint with the exceptions of a) weight and b) on-day setup. I gather I'm somewhat rare in that respect though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Cheers Guys, I'll be sticking with the AEG as funds will be stretched getting a new bullpup, one day i'll get a gbb, it does help that i'm still newish to airsoft :) < 2 years

Advertisement