Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tattoo

Options
  • 25-08-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Ok hi guys,
    So im booked in to get my first tattoo on the 30th of August and i am really excited about it. its a big coloured wave tattoo from my back, shoulders and quarter sleeve. I am really happy with the design i have in mind but more ideas are never a bad idea.
    I have a few questions for you guys.
    1. What do you think of this idea large tattoo first or work my way up?
    2. After care thoughts for a tattoo of this size.
    3. My main sport is a water sport hence the tattoo, how long will it be before i am back on the water?
    4. If any of you guys have large water themed tattoos please feel free to throw them up here i am open to all ideas.
    Thanks guys would really appreciate an input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Zetkayaks wrote: »
    Ok hi guys,
    So im booked in to get my first tattoo on the 30th of August and i am really excited about it. its a big coloured wave tattoo from my back, shoulders and quarter sleeve. I am really happy with the design i have in mind but more ideas are never a bad idea.
    I have a few questions for you guys.
    1. What do you think of this idea large tattoo first or work my way up?
    2. After care thoughts for a tattoo of this size.
    3. My main sport is a water sport hence the tattoo, how long will it be before i am back on the water?
    4. If any of you guys have large water themed tattoos please feel free to throw them up here i am open to all ideas.
    Thanks guys would really appreciate an input.

1. Go for it once your comfortable abd have put some thought into it whether its a large or small tattoo is irrelevant really.

2. Aftercare for a tattoo is the same regardless of the tattoo size.

3. Generally speaking you will hav to stay out of the water for two weeks but could be longer depending on how well you look after the tattoo and your own bodys powers of healing, but two week minimum id say.

4. Cant help yeh on that one. But your idea certainly sound interesting :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

If you're getting waves across the top of your back then I'd be looking at getting the rest of the sea below it. So maybe something along the lines of a coral reef with a few fish swimming around it. Maybe along the lines of this http://www.screensavergift.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CoralReefAdventureAquarium3D.JPG

Alternatively is your sport something you could incorporate into the design?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zetkayaks

Well my sport is Extreme kayaking... i havent seen any really good ideas for this if you have seen any I would be really interested to see it!! yeah I want to keep away from the whole fish theme although i admit the look awesome!! maybe a waterfall design. i was thinking of adding a quote to the middle of it... let me know what you think :D really excited about getting it now. ill be doing it in stages so all ideas welcome and thanks to all who gave input so far. :D

Advertisement