Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seting up for first flash!

Options
  • 25-08-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

hey lads,
    i was wondering if anyone knows how to use your laptop to flash without 360pro, i found a thread on it from a long time ago, a guy claimed he had done it and gave a tut on it , but im not too good when it comes to this im in the very early stages of the flashing scene,it did not make to much sense to me, i have a ck3 lite and probe v3, dont have the cash to buy usbpro at the moment an was looking for something in the meantime!
    i know one of you wizards out there might know!;)
    thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Some people claim to get a pcmcia card to work,
    But they are very few and far between.

I triad it myself and could never get it to work with multiple PCMCIA cards.
    But the x360usbpro worked right out of the box first time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

so more than likely it wont work, id be wasting time even trying, if ni bought a cheap desktop just for flashing would that work straight away from mobo or would i have to buy VIA6421 PCI Sata Card aswell, i read that some peoples pc's worked without this? its vry frustrating when you have the all the the things and then something else pops up, f#cking nightmare, im sorry i started this!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

ufc pro wrote: »
    so more than likely it wont work, id be wasting time even trying, if ni bought a cheap desktop just for flashing would that work straight away from mobo or would i have to buy VIA6421 PCI Sata Card aswell, i read that some peoples pc's worked without this? its vry frustrating when you have the all the the things and then something else pops up, f#cking nightmare, im sorry i started this!

You can try a laptop with a via6421a adapter.
    Its hit and miss whether it works or not, more often than not it dosent.

A cheap desktop with a via 6421a card will work with phat drives,
    It wont work with slims without a bit of work though as there very picky.

Onboard sata is also very hit and miss depending on your chipset.

A x360pro is guaranteed to work with everything though.
    See if you can get a v1 usbx360 pro from somewhere seems you already have a ck3

thanks for the info, im going to get x360pro, and stop teasing myself,
    thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Some people claim to get a pcmcia card to work,
    But they are very few and far between.

I triad it myself and could never get it to work with multiple PCMCIA cards.
    But the x360usbpro worked right out of the box first time for me.

I was using PCMCIA VIA controller (of course only for fat drives) until recently I switched to mac. Never had any problems ;)

• Advertisement

which type did you use! and was it straight forward to getting it working.

Advertisement