Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up and Coming Irish talent

Options
  • 25-08-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Aquila wrote: »
    I suppose i'll start off then :pac: couple of local kids from where i'm from

No offence Aquilla, but both of those tracks are dire...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

GI is the only person at the moment that has something good going.

I'll probably get slated for this, but Reggie Snow/Lecs Luther is also real nice.
    Please please please pretty please dont start the accent debate, it's done to death at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    it's done to death at this stage.

For good reason, in fairness.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    GI is the only person at the moment that has something good going.

I'll probably get slated for this, but Reggie Snow/Lecs Luther is also real nice.
    Please please please pretty please dont start the accent debate, it's done to death at this stage.

Regardless of the accent, he's like a black, irish, **** version of AESOP rock, rhyming random intelligent sounding words together for the **** of it, it sounds clever at first and then you realise it's actually nonsense.

And his accent is ****ing retarded.

Tempermental Miss whatever does the exact same thing.

She's **** too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Seaneh wrote: »
    Regardless of the accent, he's like a black, irish, **** version of AESOP rock, rhyming random intelligent sounding words together for the **** of it, it sounds clever at first and then you realise it's actually nonsense.

And his accent is ****ing retarded.

Tempermental Miss whatever does the exact same thing.

She's **** too.

Look up some of Aesops lyrics on rap genius, far from nonsense man.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Comparison to MissTemperlaneious is a bit harsh. I posted in another thread a while ago in regards for my utter distain for her.
    She even uses the big word nonsence in her name!

Reggie reminds me more of MF DOOM or Earl than Aesop. But I think that he has talent and has decent production behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Bitter roc is without doubt best talent out there at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Dont think anyone can touch Workin Class Records at the moment, GIs production (and mic skills) are a class apart. Good releases from Lethal Dialect and Costello and looking forward to more from them.

Have also heard some very decent stuff in the last year from Sons Phonetic (their Twelve Labours release is excellent) and Veritas. A couple of other acts from dublin recently have impressed but their name escapes me at the moment

I know the accent debate can be tiresome. I really wish i didnt care, as it pains me sometimes to see talent completely undermined simply by putting on a silly voice, but I cant take daft yank accents seriously regardless of the technical qualities of the music otherwise, its completely unnecessary.

• Advertisement

Daniel Scenery got props from Rob Kelly, but not really liking his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

The ****test name ever, otherwise his music is tolerable in fairness

Danny's freestyles tend to be more impressive than his tracks.

I found his mixtape pretty poor.

Boy can rap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

must check him out... Daniel Scenery!

Bobby's still pissing on everyone else when it comes to getting shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 weloveibiza

Siyos new **** is up there with anything that come out in the last 12 months...Truth is top notch and this track is probably the best crossover irish hip hop track we've heard in a long time....The New Album will establish him as one of the best in Ireland in my eyes

Boy can rap though.

He posts on the Hip Hop forum from time to time as well. He has some decent music and defintely has some skills. But sometimes just lacks a bit of substance for me.

Bobby's still pissing on everyone else when it comes to getting shine.

Rob Kelly is making huge strides and getting in some really good circles. The guy really puts in his work and is reaping the rewards.

I wouldn't call myself his biggest fan at all, but I've got alot of respect for how he goes about himself.....even fi he disses GI on the radio :D
    Siyos new **** is up there with anything that come out in the last 12 months...Truth is top notch and this track is probably the best crossover irish hip hop track we've heard in a long time....The New Album will establish him as one of the best in Ireland in my eyes

I like Siyo, but what puts me off listening to him is after seeing some of his battles. Didnt like him as a battle rapper, but that new Drunk song is pretty good.

the Bitter Roc fella sounds like he could be good as well, I've only heard one of his songs but would defo listen to more.

The Bobby and working class thing is fairly old ****.

He says he respects their work ethic, thye have skills, put out good music etc, but they are knobs, which, in fairness, given their attitude to everyone besides themselves is fair game. They've been playing the "we're real, everyone else is fake, blah blah blah" **** for far too long.

Also, they wear tracksuits, that's never ok.

Boy can rap though.

Yeah, just not my style at all.

Yeah Rob Kelly and/or Class A'Z are most likely to "make it big".

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭gerryd2

I respect Perseverance and any other Irish rapper for giving it a go but the problem with Irish rappers is the accents and Irelands such a small market for hiphop. Fare play to Perseverance but their rhymes are very basic kind of nursery rhymes. Their message is good poetry but the whole walk, talk, chalk, hawk kind of rhymes never get attention and your limited to what you can say. I guessed everything Perseverance was gonna use to rhyme with their previous word and I got it right 90% of the time. I'm not hating if it seems like that. I'm just saying why I don't listen to much Irish rap.

Class As are good if any of yous heard them and Rira.
    Irish rappers need to work on their accents to excel. I don't mean rap in an american accent but bring soul and flow. Perfect example Rira still has the accent but he has a good flow and he kinda sings his words which is what I mean by soul lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement