Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going from Jobseekers Benefit to Allowance atm but also waiting to hear from BTEA..

Options
  • 24-08-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what this means for me.

My jobseekers benefit dried up mid August and so have to go onto Allowance now, but will be starting college in early Sept and I'm currently applying for BTEA.

So I'm not actively seeking work as going into college so maybe I won't qualify for the allowance and if I don't qualify for jobseekers Allowance then I won't get BTEA... Am I right?

I've been on Social welfare for over 12 months and if after all that time I'm told I won't get BTEA at this stage I'll cry!

I received a letter this eve saying I have to come in for interview on Tuesday.... Haven't been onto citizens advice yet as only got the letter this eve and they and the social welfare office are now closed for the wkend.

So worried now...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

if they ask you about collage say you will still be looking for full time work as you will be needing it during Christmas and summer holidays maybe this will do

i think they will just be bringing you in for a means test for the jsa anyway are you getting a payment at the moment?

if they don't mention the btea just don't mention it either.

im sure once you have been on jsb for 9 months you will qualify for btea

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Katie Kaboom

lisar816 wrote: »
    if they ask you about collage say you will still be looking for full time work as you will be needing it during Christmas and summer holidays maybe this will do

i think they will just be bringing you in for a means test for the jsa anyway are you getting a payment at the moment?

if they don't mention the btea just don't mention it either.

im sure once you have been on jsb for 9 months you will qualify for btea

Hi Lisar816, thanks, Ya I think I'll go in for the interview anyways and just hope for the best, I won't mention BTEA unless they do, hopefully it's just to means test me cause I'll be fine there and I have been on the dole over a year so I do qualify for BTEA, just aslong as they don't cause trouble for me now. I'm recieving a payment now even tho I'm between Benefit and Allowance as the welfare officer has sorted that out for me.

I'm just worrying now cause I've been called in for interview and I'm afraid they'll say you're not actively seeking work so no jobseekers allowance for you which in turn means no BTEA...

I am applying for a job in Penney's at the mo for christmas staff and they've said they'll take me on but nothings for sure until they actually do... but I've worked there before so I think I will get back in there. Should I mention that in the interview?

Advertisement