Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys M4 C-mag

Options
  • 24-08-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Just got a Dboys auto winding C-mag for am M4 project I'm building, the M4 shoots at 1100 rounds per minute so the C-mag does'nt seem to be able to feed bb's quick enough so I'm ending up with intermittent shooting, or last few shots of a burst dry firing, has anyone esle had a problem like this, or solved this ? Would a more expensive brand C-mag feed better ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Mid-cap mags would feed better...

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Buckmark

Yes it feeds fine with mid caps and high caps, but I had an M60 before that shot at 1200 rounds per minute and its auto wind had no bother feeding it. So I was wondering if anybody else could recommend a brand of C-mag that is capable of feeding a high rate of fire AEG.

Things we've learned:
    Box mags work with high RoF support guns.
    Box mags don't work with high RoF rifles.

That's the way it should be, really. A box mag on a rifle is like herpes; it's not the worst thing that can happen, and it can be treated, but it's embarrassing when you have it showing, and certainly not something to be proud of.

In other news: no. All box mags are pretty much the same, brand to brand. The support gun box mags have more room for a larger motor, so it can keep up with the rate of fire.
    Your three options are to either hack the mag you have with a larger motor, hack it with an extra battery (works short term, but will eventually burn out the motor), or - and this is the morally acceptable option - use mid-caps.

218555.JPG
    NakedDex wrote: »
    Things we've learned:
    Box mags work with high RoF support guns.
    Box mags don't work with high RoF rifles.

That's the way it should be, really. A box mag on a rifle is like herpes; it's not the worst thing that can happen, and it can be treated, but it's embarrassing when you have it showing, and certainly not something to be proud of.

In other news: no. All box mags are pretty much the same, brand to brand. The support gun box mags have more room for a larger motor, so it can keep up with the rate of fire.
    Your three options are to either hack the mag you have with a larger motor, hack it with an extra battery (works short term, but will eventually burn out the motor), or - and this is the morally acceptable option - use mid-caps.

Sorted it by using a slightly smaller battery, slightly slowing down the rof to just over 1000 bb's per minute, just waiting on a short tight bore barrel now, I have a broken box mag with a large type motor so I think I will change it down along the line as there is plenty of room in the drum for it. Did'nt want to use mid caps as I had set my mind on the '' 3000 miles from Graceland '' style gun. Thanks for your help :)

Expect discontent at your choice of armament amongst your opponents. Friendly warning: people aren't fond of micro support guns. All the power and capacity of an M60/M249, but all the size of an SMG. Makes for a rather lopsided game.

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    Expect discontent at your choice of armament amongst your opponents. Friendly warning: people aren't fond of micro support guns. All the power and capacity of an M60/M249, but all the size of an SMG. Makes for a rather lopsided game.

Would'nt be a problem , I'm a collector not a player ;)

Advertisement