Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed a deferred exam

Options
  • 24-08-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am just wondering how this works. I deferred an exam and on the day to retake it I was sick. I was due to go into the masters. Can I carry the one module over into the masters or do I have to repeat the exam and wait a full year. It is an IT, is there any special ways around it? I'm very upset, I was very sick and unable to do exam, I didn't fail it, does that count towards anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Get a doctors cert and contact your institution.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gizmo2009

Ya I will get a doctor note and I emailed my lecture...but the thing is it's a defered one and I was sick the last time too... it's such bad luck. My masters is pending in the results, do you think they would let me carry the one module over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Gizmo2009 wrote: »
    Ya I will get a doctor note and I emailed my lecture...but the thing is it's a defered one and I was sick the last time too... it's such bad luck. My masters is pending in the results, do you think they would let me carry the one module over?

Not a clue I'm afraid. I would think it would depend on the institution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I imagine it's unlikely you'll be able to carry over a module to the masters as you won't have a degree so thus can't do the masters. Get onto your college asap and they might be able to sort something out for you. I'm sure it'll be okay, good luck!

Advertisement