Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS windows 8 pro/Laptop/Siemens plc

Options
  • 24-08-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Has any one tried this os yet and if so what did you think i.e pro and cons of the os? Also i am currrently looking for a new laptop around the 1200 price range any one got any sugestions? I have a Dell XPS and would like to get some thing of equal quality. One of the issue i did have is the ability to run VM ware and siemens step 7 i know this is to do with the os how will window 8 deal with this . Any help would be Great.Thanks D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

carrodv wrote: »
    Has any one tried this os yet and if so what did you think i.e pro and cons of the os?

Windows 8 is the subject of plenty threads here already. I doubt we need another one :D
    carrodv wrote: »
    Also i am currrently looking for a new laptop around the 1200 price range any one got any sugestions? I have a Dell XPS and would like to get some thing of equal quality.

This is a question for the Laptops section.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Torqay wrote: »
    This is a question for the Laptops section.
    If you are running VM's then check the CPU in the laptop supports Virtualisation etc.
    otherwise you will only be able to run 32 bit OS's

it's a hardware issue

Advertisement