Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the LC in Rathmines College

Options
  • 24-08-2012 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

I got 435 points in my LC and I got offered business studies and german in the DCU which I have no interest in doing. I have gotten a provisional place in Rathmines College and I have no desire to go to the institute or Ashfield College.

I was wondering has anyone repeated in Rathmines College? Also what was it like? ie teachers and other students?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

I repeated in Rathmines last year and found it quiet an enjoyable experience. I also got the grades to study a course that a really wanted.

Academically its run well enough but generally speaking you do what you want, there is no one telling you to do your homework or to go to the study room. However if your willing to work hard then it's a great place to repeat with a very supportive staff. There was a fair few people who achieved very high results but at the same time their was quiet a number that received poor results.

The students are friendly enough and very approachable, so making friends shouldn't be too difficult, however I will warn you it's very easy to get caught up in the social scene and make a habit of not going to classes and sitting out in the smokers area.

If your looking for a place to repeat and willing to put in the effort then I would definatly recommend Rathmines' repeat programme. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RosiexoPosie

My sister is thinking of repeating in Rathmines this year, but she is very shy and socially awkard .She was wondering is their much of a social aspect to repeating or do people mainly keep to themselves.We live in Ashbourne and she fears the students will mainly be from Dublin and know eachother ? We are really trying to convince her its for the best

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Zombie thread (2012??!!) re-zombified!!

Please don't spam the forum with the same question in multiple threads!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement