Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Suppliment.

Options
  • 24-08-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I am having a little problem with landlord and i would appreciate any advise here on this matter. I have been staying in the property for like 3 years now and paying my rent every time,but 2 months ago i lost my job and could not pay the rent anymore.I informed the agent of the property about my situation and told him i was applying for rent supplement which he signed all necessary document i needed. Just today i got a message from the agency telling me that if i can sort the rent by next week they are going to arrange for new tenant. Is it possible for the landlord to kick me out of the property?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

If you are not paying your rent the landlord can evict you.
    If you have applied for rent allowance, it might take a few weeks for it to be approved, but while you're waiting and your rent isn't being paid, the landlord can evict you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Contact the prtb asap.

Advertisement