Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 MBP - Issue

Options
  • 24-08-2012 2:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have an early 2011 13' MBP.

In the last couple of days I've noticed that there is some sort of clicking sound coming from the DVD drive. I've only used the DVD drive two or three times since I got it and there is nothing in it at present.

Any one know if this is an issue or just on of those things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I've got a late 2011 MBP and while the DVD/CD drive works fine, it's relatively noisy and takes a while to engage - that is, for the DVD or CD to kick in and a program to start running.

I found something similar with my old MBP, which did after 3 years begin to get real picky about what types of CD and DVD it would accept or reject. Towards the end, it simply stopped burning stuff.

It could be a portent of things to come (isn't there a built-in hardware check function in OS X?), but I've found the Mac media drives to be generally temperamental.

Advertisement